Welcome to Generation EX® - the line of entry-level WaveRunners that delivers endless fun on the water. The EX Sport is feature rich and accessible, featuring Yamaha's award-winning, lightweight, 3-cylinder TR-1 engine and mechanical reverse.
TR-1 Engine: This award-winning, lightweight 3-cylinder engine brings a fun ride with maximum fuel economy.
Dual Mirrors: Standard dual mirrors provide increased visibility for towing.
Reboarding Step: Reboarding made easier with a step that tucks away easily when not in use.
- TR-1 four-stroke marine engine. The EX is powered by Yamaha's award-winning TR-1 three-cylinder marine engine that is 40 percent smaller in size, 20 percent lighter in weight and provides better fuel economy than Yamaha's previous four-cylinder Yamaha MR-1 engine.
- Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI): Delivers a smooth, high power output with low fuel consumption and low exhaust emissions.
- Specially Designed, One-piece Cylinder and Crankcase Assembly: Provides tremendous engine rigidity that's lighter and stiffer than two-piece designs.
- Dry Sump Lubrication: Uses two engine oil pumps to deliver lubricated oil to each moving part with water-jacketed sump and oil backflow protection.
- Slant Detection Switch: Electronic switch stops engine and oil pumps immediately if watercraft becomes overturned, protecting motor from water ingestion.
- Yamaha Engine Management System (Y.E.M.S.): An integrated, computerized management system that controls and adjusts such functions as ignition timing, fuel injection mapping, engine diagnostics and OTS. The OTS function of Y.E.M.S. activates when the operator releases the throttle lever and attempts to steer the watercraft. This assists the operator in turning while the watercraft is decelerating.
- Corrosion Protection System: Sacrificial zinc anodes protect the engine from harmful galvanic corrosion. Stainless steel fasteners (nuts, bolts, hardware) provide a long service life.
- Thermostatic and Pressure Controlled Cooling System: Water flow through the engine is controlled by a thermostat and pressure system and is maintained by a pressure control valve.
- Electronically Controlled, Variable Ignition Timing: For exact ignition advance control at all throttle positions and RPMs.
Jet Pump Propulsion System
- Cooling Water Intake Filter: Filters out harmful debris that could cause blockage of important cooling water passages.
- Pumps are Manufactured with YDC30: A combination of zinc and copper alloys, developed by Yamaha marine engineers, that offers excellent corrosion protection.
- Mechanical Reverse: Allows the watercraft to be backed up off a trailer or out of tight spots where you cannot turn around easily.
Ultra-Lightweight, High Strength Hull And Deck
- The EX hull is designed to be light and strong. Under the waterline is an all-new hull design that is manufactured to precise tolerances. This lightweight SMC hull delivers excellent stability for one, two or three-up riding and towing, and precise responsiveness and predictability for thrilling one-up riding.
- Progressive, V-Hull with Integrated Bow Spray Guard: Provides excellent maneuverability, handling and comfort.
- Sponson Design: Provides added straight-line comfort and an improved two and three-up riding experience.
- 29 L of Total Storage: The EX Series offers ample storage options in bow, glove box and under seat.
- Comfortable One-piece Seat: Ergonomically-designed and contoured for added support. The extra-long seat is easily removed for quick access to the engine compartment.
- Dual Concave Mirrors: Automotive style and convenience.
- Large Boarding Platform: Provides a stable platform for re-boarding.
- Finger Throttle Lever: Provides added comfort while reducing hand fatigue.
- Yamaha's Trademarked Visibility Spout®: A waterspout from the rear of the craft that improves the watercraft's conspicuity.
- Reboarding Step : Ergonomically designed to make it easier to reboard after a swim. Conveniently tucks away when not in use.
- Engine Type: 3-Cylinder, 4-Stroke TR-1 Yamaha Marine Engine
- Bore and Stroke: 82 x 66.2 mm
- Displacement: 1,049 cc
- Fuel: Regular Unleaded
- Lubrication: Dry sump
- Cooling: Open Looped, water
- Ignition: Direct Ignition
- Compression Ratio: 11:1
- Fuel Delivery: EFI (Electronic Fuel Injection)
- Spark Plug: NGKCR9EB
- Pump: 144 mm High Pressure
- Transmission: Direct Drive from Engine
- Impeller: 3-blade, 13.4° pitch, Stainless Steel
- Fuel Capacity: 50L (13.2 US gal.)
- Oil Capacity: 3.5L (0.9 US gal.)
- Vehicle Capacity: 1, 2, or 3 persons / 220 kg (485 lb.)
- Storage Capacity: 29L (7.7 US gal.)
- Hull Material: SMC - Sheet Moulded Compound
- Warranty: 1 year limited
- Length: 3.14 m (123.6 in.)
- Width: 1.13 m (44.5 in.)
- Height: 1.15 m (45.3 in.)
- Dry Weight: 265 kg (584 lb.)
- Colour(s): Carbon Metallic with Lime Yellow, Pure White with Azure Blue
Every attempt has been made to showcase Canadian versions of our products, but all images, information and specifications may not be exact and are subject to change without notice. Some models may be shown with optional accessories.